– Is the native name of Iceland.
Vela Nordic provides services and programs for almost all cities, towns and settlements in Iceland in close co-operating with local operators. Through vast knowledge from everywhere around the Icelandic coast, we are able to provide unique and tailormade programs and services on your request.
- Itinerary developing and planning
- Port services
- Guide service on-board cruise ships
- We plan and coordinate everything with local partners onsite, so you only have to communicate with Vela Nordic.
- We aim to deliver the best service and quality through our knowledge and experiences, having sustainability in mind.
- Day Tours, Busses & other travel services
- Customized tours and luxury travel
- Supplies of goods and spare parts if needed
Facts about Ísland:
Land area: 103,000 km2
Uninhabited land area: approx. 80% of the country
Highest peak: Hvannadalshnjúkur, standing 2.199 meters (6.852 ft) above sea level
Population: approx. 360.390 people lives in Iceland
Official language: Icelandic
Hello: Halló / Hæ
Goodbye: Bless / Bæ
See you: Sjáumst
Thank you: Takk fyrir
Valuta: Icelandic Krónur
National day: 17th of June
The capital of Iceland: is the northernmost city of any sovereign state in the world. Though it does not get much colder than it is in New York during January.
How to visit nature sites, small towns and Islands?
There are many, more beautiful and unexplored nature sites, towns and Islands to visit in Iceland. To gain an overview of your possibilities, please send your itinerary or ideas and we will revert with a possible program incl. places to visit, shore excursions, lectures and other opportunities.
Photo credit to